IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK...
The HPO is 30,000-square-foot historic building located at 107 High Street in the heart of downtown Morgantown, West Virginia.

1914
THE CITY'S FIRST & ONLY NEOCLASSICAL BUILDING COMPLETED
The building is completed and becomes the first federal building and post office owned by the federal government in the city.
1931
ADDITION
To increase mail processing capabilities, a two-story addition was constructed at the rear and became known as the "annex."
1974
POST OFFICE MOVES
The General Services Administration closes the building and moves operations to a new location.
1975
The Louis F. Tanner family purchases the building.
1976
START OF A NEW ERA
The Monongalia County Arts Center Association, Inc. (d.b.a. Monongalia Arts Center) is formed, and the Tanner family conveys the 1914 building to the organization.
The 1931 addition is used as offices by Tanner & Tanner, Certified Public Accountants.
1978
The Monongalia Arts Center opens to the public.
1979
The historic post office is added to the National Register of Historic Places.
2005
The Louis F. Tanner family conveys the “annex” to the Greater Morgantown Community Trust (GMCT).
2011
GMCT merges with the Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia to become Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc. (YFC), and occupies the first floor of the annex.
The Morgantown History Museum moves into the basement of the annex.
2018
RENOVATION TALKS BEGIN
To move forward, the MAC and YCF sign an MOU to consolidate ownership of the building.
2019
The Historic Morgantown Post Office Building, Inc. (HPO) is officially formed and files its articles of incorporation.
​
The HPO hires Landmarks SGA to conduct a feasibility study.

TODAY
THIS IS SOME HEADING
These are words.